November 30, 2011

A painful Beginning

Deciding on a topic for this first post has been just that... painful. I want the post to be enticing, the goal is to make a reader long for more. I want the post to be useful, that is what I hope for the majority of my future posts. And goodness, I hope the future posts are easier to write! :)

It's almost my favorite month. By almost, I mean it becomes December in 52 minutes. I love December, because I love Christmas. I love counting down to Christmas. I am a construction paper chain kind of momma. I'm a 12 days of SMALL Christmas gifts kind of momma. I am way too much from Santa Clause kind of momma. I love snow, hot cocoa, Christmas carols and Christmas movies. I love the countdown to Christmas church services. I love the Christmas eve service, and I love when Christmas falls on Sunday.  I am a nativity set kind of momma, a star or an angel on top of the tree ONLY kind of momma, the real Christmas story before presents kind of momma. Ultimately, I love all of the reasons to celebrate.

That being said, Christmas can get expensive. I will not lie, I love getting presents. I LOVE ripping the paper off like I am five years old. But... I really love to give. As crafting becomes a daily obsession in my life, the gifts I envision giving have changed. I do not look for store bought gifts. I look for store bought pieces I can transform into something made special for each individual person in my life. My first do it yourself project will be a gift for the ladies around that like to pamper their skin. This is a gift that can be made relatively cheaply, and breathing in the relaxing smells while you mix and stir will be a small gift to yourself. If you aren't afraid of a little mess in the kitchen, you can have your little hands help with the stirring.

Sugar Scrub
   
Vanilla Sugar and Coconut Body Scrub

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups of raw or brown sugar
6-8 tablespoons of organic, unrefined coconut oil
15-20 drops of vanilla essential oil

Directions:
If your coconut oil is solid at room temperature, briefly warm just enough to aid in the melting the process.  Then in a small bowl combine your coconut oil and brown sugar, blending well enough to eliminate any lumps.  Then add your vanilla essential oil to the mixture drop by drop, being sure to blend mix after each addition.  Once mixed, scrub should be placed in an airtight container and used within six months.  Apply your scrub to pre-moistened skin, being sure to massage it in using circular motions.



Good luck creating this scrub, and while you are at it make a little extra for yourself! There are many different ways you can store this, from simple jars to decorating with fabric/scrapbook paper and mod podge, to ribbons and strands of beads. Let your creative juices flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment